Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Xc90 Engine Service Required Message, engine service required
Bogdan
post Aug 4 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,081
Drives: 2006 Volvo XC 90 D5 AWD

Hi all Volvo owners !

I have a 2006 XC90 with D5 engine. I leave in Bucharest Romania. 2 month ago a "engine service required" message started to appear on the info display. Simptom : engine can not be run at more then 2000 rot/min and car can not be accelerated. Message disappear when the reset button is pressed but the fault remains. I checked with Volvo service in Bucharest and they told me that they know the problem and after a computer investigation they decided that EGR, actuator and full set of hoses must be replaced. Total cost of about 1000 euro + labor. Then I decided to go check the care at another Volvo service in Brasov. They told me after 3 visits that probably the turbine must be changed. Costs of about 1500 euro + labor.
I finally ended in a Bosch service where they cleaned all rubber tubes, EGR, valve before turbine. Total costs 200 euro and the car is working.
I hope you guys have better Vovlo service in your countries and I hope this message us useful for you.

Bogdan
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsEngine System Service Required .. But No Codes!
6 V70 Driver 3,319 28th August 2014 - 04:06 AM
Last post by: alanjackson
No New Posts Engine System Service Required S80 2006 2.4d
0 S60D5SE 130 13th August 2014 - 03:17 PM
Last post by: S60D5SE
No New Posts Service Diagrams For Volvos
Information only
0 YesNoMebbeSo 146 4th August 2014 - 07:17 PM
Last post by: YesNoMebbeSo
No New Posts Service Diagrams For Volvo Vehicles
Information only
0 YesNoMebbeSo 85 4th August 2014 - 07:16 PM
Last post by: YesNoMebbeSo
No New Posts Xc90 2008 Good Choice?
Looking to buy XC90 2008
0 al_toengi 235 20th July 2014 - 12:30 PM
Last post by: al_toengi

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:15 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement