Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 2004 Volvo S60 Hu-613 Wiring Diagram, HU-613 Wiring Diagram
tonicwingman
post Feb 24 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,811
Drives: 2004 Volvo S60

I will be installing an aftermarket amp and subwoofer into my 2004 Volvo S60. I have previously done the same install in another car. I am using an RCA line converter to feed the audio to the amp. I've been searching for days for the correct wiring diagram for the HU-613 and have found three different diagrams. Does anyone know the correct wiring layout for the HU-613, or at least the constant power wire, ground, and rear speaker wire colors? Thanks for any replies.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
tonicwingman
post Feb 27 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #2

Found my solution and have the RCA converter, the amp with remote wire, and USA SPEC pa11 iPod adapter installed perfectly. If anyone has any questions let me know.

QuoteReply
tonicwingman
post Mar 31 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #3

Attached is Part I of the install which includes the wiring diagram you all might be looking for. Let me know if anyone has any other questions. The attachment is compatible with MS Word.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Volvo_Install.doc ( 1.76MB ) Number of downloads: 1289

QuoteReply
kostushko
post Apr 4 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 40,589
Drives: 2003 Volvo S60 2.4i

to tonicwingman

Thank you for the installation guide. Itís really very usefull!!
In addition,
Can you advise me how to connect Nokia CK-7W (Bluetooth kit)? I just need to know which wire is used for mute command and line input for the sound.

Thanks in advance!

QuoteReply
tonicwingman
post Apr 4 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #5

Let me do some research on this particular system and I'll get back to you.

QuoteReply
tonicwingman
post Apr 4 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #6

Install at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for any damages caused to yourself, others, or property. Always disconnect the negative battery terminal when working on the electrical system of your car.

kostushko,

After taking a look at some of the schematics for the Volvo electrical system I found it totally depends on if your car was prewired for their stock handsfree system, or for other accessories besides the 6-disk changer. From what it looks like when a stock accessory is added to the system the wire configuration on the back of the HU-613 changes. I youíre like me and have the basic stock HU-613 than you might have to leave the mute unconnected. I read in the installation that you can purchase a relay which will allow you to use the mute feature. If I had more time I might be able to make one.

Here is what I would do for the installation without the mute. Connect the black wire from the CK-7W to ground on the green wiring harness (A-12, brown). Connect the blue wire from the CK-7W to antenna (A-9, blue and white). Connect the red wire to power (A-1, red). Leave the mute wire unconnected.
As far as the sound output you can do the same thing as you would do for installing the RCA line output converter. Because the CK-7W has its own power supply and sends a sound output you would only need to connect the wire output to a set of speakers. I would go with the front two speakers.

You would have to cut the stock speaker off the CK-7W and then split each wire into two outputs so that you have a positive and negative for both the front speakers. Once you have the four wires you would splice into the front speakers (Gray wiring harness, B-5 and B-6 for right front, and B-1 and B-2 for the left front.

Make sure that you connect the outputs from the CK-7W the same way for each speaker. Meaning to connect the gray/white wires to the same output, and the gray wires to the same output.
If you have any questions let me know. Iíll keep looking out for a way to connect the mute button feature for you.

QuoteReply
kostushko
post Apr 7 2008, 03:32 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 40,589
Drives: 2003 Volvo S60 2.4i

tonicwingman,

thanks awfully for the detailed and easy to follow guidance!
So now Iíve installed Nokia system to the car without any damage :), but without mute function. Thanks!!

May I ask you one more question:

There is only one stock speaker supplied by Nokia. So I suppose there are only two wires inside (a positive and negative). In this case I canít just split positive one into two wires and connect both frondspeakers of the car. Am I right? As I understand, I have to use some semiconductor component or I'm wrong and there are already to positive wires inside (specially for cases like that)?

QuoteReply
tonicwingman
post Apr 9 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #8

I have to assume that because there is only one speaker it will have only two wires. By turning each wire into two gives you the two negatives and two positives for each speaker. Iíve never heard of the need to use a semiconductor materiel for this application, but I could be wrong. I think your system will be fine as long as you test the speakers with the nokia unitís volume at its lowest so you donít blow the speakers. The only other thing I can think of is that when the radio is turned on the sound output would feed backword into the nokio unit. I dont know I if this would be a problem for your unit or not.

The other problem is that the signal coming from the nokia unit may not be strong enough to produce a high volume in all the front speakers. Increasing the signal strength by turning on your radio will only increase the sound out put from the radio and not your nokia unit. Try connecting the speaker out pout to only one side of the front speakers and if the quality is good than try connecting all the front speakers and test it out. Let me know how it goes.

QuoteReply
MKC70
post Apr 9 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #9

Expert

Member No.: 23,913
Drives: 1999 Volvo C70 coupe

Why are you not connecting the mute function. If you do not hook up that wire you must turn off the radio so the speakers that you connected with your Nokia will only receive one audio signal. Tonic is correct in thinking this would damage your equipment. Hook the wire up and do it right. This wire interrupts the audio signal to the speakers or amp allowing a new signal to be fed through.

If not then you would need to isolate the signals to all the speakers individually using a single relay for each speaker connected.

The other option would be to make the hands free audio signal work through the aux input of the ipod adapter, unless you are using that for a sat radio or other device.

QuoteReply
tonicwingman
post Apr 18 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #10

MKC70

The posts from kostushko's came originally from my aftermarket amp and subwoofer/ IPod install post, and turned into an almost entirely different post.

He will not be adding an iPod adaptor to his system. I believe he only needs the wiring diagram to install the nokia blue tooth adapter. We both understand the reason for the mute wire but have no idea where to hook it up to the system. The installation instructions found for the nokia tell the installer to leave the mute wire disconnected if there is no connection found. Not connecting this wire is the safest thing to do at this point unless you know of a mute connection to the back of his head unit.

Thanks for your input.

QuoteReply
robdanica
post Aug 7 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 46,589
Drives: 2002 Volvo V70 2.4T

tonicwingman can you post Part II of the install that shows the iPod adapter installation?

Thanks!

QuoteReply
dlh1218
post Aug 9 2008, 07:08 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 46,647

Tonicwingman, I'm also interested in the part II guide for advice on running the wire and removing the plastic panels to assist as I'm putting the subwoofer in the trunk. Thanks for a great guide!

QuoteReply
Volvo Virgin
post Oct 1 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #13

Expert

Member No.: 17,785
Drives: 2001 Volvo S60 T S

Just incase anyone does a search and comes across this one - I have just installed a ck-7w bluetooth car kit and used an inteface cable to connect it through the stereo.
(I think it was an Elan Intelli-Mute or something - cost a little over £10 on ebay)

This was the easy option as it also provided the power connector for the carkit so there was no wiring - you just had to route the cables for the microphone and the control button.

I mutes the stereo just fine, too fine in fact - every time you press a button on the phone, it mutes the stereo for around 5 seconds.

But other than that it's great.

Should add that this was on a HU803 head unit but I think it would also work on a HU613 one too.

QuoteReply
inergen
post Nov 4 2008, 02:33 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 50,100
Drives: 2003 S60 T5

hi there,

just want to find out what's the difference between a 603 and 613. also, am contemplating to upgrade my HU 603 to a HU 803/850. if possible, any leads for me to explore further.

thanks in advance.

bot

QUOTE(Volvo Virgin @ Oct 1 2008, 11:18 PM)
Just incase anyone does a search and comes across this one - I have just installed a ck-7w bluetooth car kit and used an inteface cable to connect it through the stereo.
(I think it was an Elan Intelli-Mute or something - cost a little over £10 on ebay)

This was the easy option as it also provided the power connector for the carkit so there was no wiring - you just had to route the cables for the microphone and the control button.

I mutes the stereo just fine,  too fine in fact - every time you press a button on the phone, it mutes the stereo for around 5 seconds.

But other than that it's great.

Should add that this was on a HU803 head unit but I think it would also work on a HU613 one too.
[right][snapback]92988[/snapback][/right]

QuoteReply
Finn_Jarber
post Jan 22 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 67,942
Drives: S60

QUOTE (tonicwingman @ Mar 31 2008, 11:39 PM)
Attached is Part I of the install which includes the wiring diagram you all might be looking for. Let me know if anyone has any other questions. The attachment is compatible with MS Word.

Did anyone save it? If yes, could you re-post it because now I am trying to install IPod to our S60, but the wiring diagram is no longer available

QuoteReply
The Nail
post Feb 16 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 69,074
Drives: 2003 Volvo S60 2.4T FWD

I am also interested in this wiring diagram if anyone has it.

QuoteReply
sciagent
post Apr 19 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 71,724
Drives: 2002 Volvo V70 2,4i

QUOTE (tonicwingman @ Apr 1 2008, 07:39 AM)
Attached is Part I of the install which includes the wiring diagram you all might be looking for. Let me know if anyone has any other questions.

Hi All

Are these documents still available? I would also like to have them.

Thanks in advance!

QuoteReply
Invisible
post Sep 14 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 57,682
Drives: 2002 volvo s60 2.4t

had the same doubt

QuoteReply
asjp
post Jul 15 2011, 09:50 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 92,251
Drives: 2002 Volvo S60 D5

QUOTE (sciagent @ Apr 19 2010, 04:02 PM)
Are these documents still available? I would also like to have them.

+1

QuoteReply
timmysaurasRex
post May 5 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 115,521
Drives: 2001 volvo v70

cant see doc. anybody have the diagram?

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Car Audio, Video & Electronics Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 2004 S80 T6 Starting Issue
clicks when starting
3 deelamb 37 12th April 2014 - 11:14 AM
Last post by: deelamb
No New Posts Volvo Show On April 6th, Davis, Ca
1 GROM Audio 64 7th April 2014 - 06:16 PM
Last post by: GROM Audio
No New Posts Volvo Satisfaction Down Under
Happy Owner in Oz
0 Platypup 42 1st April 2014 - 10:32 PM
Last post by: Platypup
No New Posts 2004 C70 Interior Kick Plate (threshold)
Interior body part adjustment
0 MJH 62 26th March 2014 - 02:57 PM
Last post by: MJH
No New Posts Volvo Parts - Australia
2 voluto.com.au 369 24th March 2014 - 09:11 PM
Last post by: voluto.com.au

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:16 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement