Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 850 Seat Back Cable Repair
titanshane
post Nov 6 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,100
Drives: 1994 Volvo 850

Hey, thanks for posting this. I tried this fix today on my 1994 Volovo 850 but had no luck. I heated the metal at the end of the cable with a butane torch (until the plastic bubbled) and tried to push the cable in but it didn't seem to go in any further. I'm not too sure anymore that the cable was ever the problem. It looked like Tech's "after" pics before I even started trying to work with it.

So now I don't know what to try next. My motor is making noise and the cable is vibrating while I press the button in either direction. What else can I try? Is the transmission likely broken? Anyone know what my next step should be or how I can know definitively what the problem is?

Thanks in advance
Shane
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
yona333
post Nov 15 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 81,214
Drives: 2004 Volvo XC 90 T6 AWD

QUOTE (Newbie95850 @ Apr 7 2008, 08:34 PM)
Just what I was looking for, but I have a question. My drivers seat back is in a semi-re clined position. I can hear the motor turn, but no action on the seat back, and it can not be moved manually. Is this the repair I need to make?

i have the same question , nice sharing.......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QuoteReply
Tech
post Nov 15 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #43

Volvo Guru !

Member No.: 1,295
Drives: Mustang,1995 Yellow T5-R,1996 850 Trubo

QUOTE (yona333 @ Nov 15 2010, 12:43 AM)
i have the same question , nice sharing.......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Yes this is the repair you guys need to make.

Titan you might have heated it to much and it did not go in right.

QuoteReply
Maxy
post Jun 28 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 90,275
Drives: Volvo V40

A big thank you for instructions. I tried it before a trip and I had a lot of time and could not get there quite well, as I was apparently missing a few steps you have mentioned that I do not know. I'll give this a try soon in hopes of finally getting my passenger seat back to work again.

QuoteReply
Lynda94850
post Jul 26 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 92,627
Drives: 1994 Volvo 850 Wagon

Hi, thanks for the instructions on this problem. My seat back just quit working. I called a few reputable Volvo repair shops and they all quoted between $250 and $380 just for labor. Yikes! I'm going to try your repair, but have one question. Does the seat switch panel just pull off, or is there something that needs to be unscrewed? I don't want to break anything. Thanks a lot for any help you can give.

QuoteReply
EastCoastClaire
post Aug 31 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 94,640
Drives: 93 Volvo 850 GLT

Hello Tech, if you are still around. Your instructions for fixing the seatback were posted over 3 years ago, but I read through all the postings regarding that thread twice and then attempted the repair. I completed it and put everything back into place in less than 90 minutes. The additional time was spent trying to put rings back into the leather rods, so I gave up on that part. I will attempt that at a later date so for now the leather isn't totally tight. The cable did not look damaged or out of place, but I heated both ends up anyway as instructed and pushed them in farther. I was quite amazed when I flicked the switch and the seat moved! Your instructions were superb! THANK YOU! I joined this site just to say that.

QuoteReply
BamaMac
post Oct 24 2011, 06:00 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 85,915
Drives: 2008 Volvo V50 2.4i, '96 BMW 328i Sedan

(not) looking forward to trying this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Exactly what I need on my new 850. Thanks!

QuoteReply
indig
post Jan 17 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 102,306
Drives: sas

These cables are really useful for us.These are really good in working.Thank you very much for this.
wiremold

QuoteReply
Amit verma
post Jun 23 2016, 02:18 AM
Post #49

Member No.: 184,833
Drives: Honda City

I loved your tip to repair volvo's back seat belt. It is pretty easy and inexpensive. Your thread is very helpful.

Electronic Door Locks

QuoteReply
john21wall
post Jul 5 2016, 08:41 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 186,009
Drives: volvo 80

Back in the 90's when we had our '94 850 wagon, it came with Coumba wheels and 205/50/16's. This was the correct aspect ratio for true mileage on the odometer, but then people started having a lot of issues with bent rims from bad roads. Volvo changed their official size after this to the 55's and recommended people switch to the larger size. If I recall, there was a time that Volvo offered to pay owners for either repairs or upgrades to the larger tire size due to this issue. I like the look of 50's too but if your roads are bad and you are using alum alloy wheels I'd stay away from the thinner tires.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 850 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Seat Covers
1 corvairbob 489 6th December 2016 - 08:18 AM
Last post by: StBernardgirl
No New Posts Seat Memory
3 rachellauren 465 5th December 2016 - 12:12 PM
Last post by: StBernardgirl
No New Posts Seatbelt Not Working
2 labach 274 22nd March 2016 - 07:54 AM
Last post by: grendel1960
No New Posts Backup Camera On 2004 S60
0 silentb 324 5th March 2016 - 07:57 PM
Last post by: silentb
No New Posts Cables Hanging Under My Car
3 Voljoe 347 4th January 2016 - 09:23 AM
Last post by: Voljoe

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 21st January 2017 - 06:37 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.

Privacy Statement