Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> V70, Turns Over But Wont Start
cellulargiant
post Dec 7 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,337
Drives: 2002 Volvo V70

Alright, this is my first post here, hoping that you all can help with some expertise :)
About a week ago my wife's 2001 V70 2.4T wouldn't start. After some troubleshooting I determined that it was a bad fuel pump. I have replaced it with a brand new oem unit from my local dealer. We seem to be getting fuel all the way up the the rail now but it still wont start.
I have several indicator lights on now that were not on before the fuel pump issue. The first is an SRS air bag light ( I think that I may have disconnected an air bag when I disasembled the back seat) I dont think that this is causing the car not to start. The second is an ABS light. I've read that this can cause issues (or be the indication of other issues)

Other thoughts: The car battery died from too much cranking so I had to jump it from another car. The car will now turn over but will not fire (once in a while I can get it to take for 1/2 of a second but it immediately dies.

Any help that you all have would be greatly appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Ryan 20
post Dec 8 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #2

Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,669
Drives: 1984 Volvo 245 DL

Do you hear the fuel pump running ? if so check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail with a fuel pressure gauge If you got fuel pressure then check for spark it will be easier to spray some gas into the intake and see if it starts if it starts then you have spark Make sure you got fuel pressure first.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2001-2007) V70, V70XC & XC70 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts V70 R Steering Rack
1 toma75 54 9th October 2014 - 07:21 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts V70 Front Suspension Damage
RF Pushed Back
0 wrenchklutz 141 17th September 2014 - 11:11 AM
Last post by: wrenchklutz
No New Posts V70 Engine Removal B5234t3
0 Laptoploon 290 13th August 2014 - 03:38 AM
Last post by: Laptoploon
No New Posts Over Voltage
0 geraldc70 167 12th July 2014 - 04:03 PM
Last post by: geraldc70
No New Posts V70 Engine Stalling ?
3 Ditterb 1,448 31st March 2014 - 04:13 PM
Last post by: bajanetix

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 04:37 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement