Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Door Wont Open From Inside, same as above
serving29420
post Aug 6 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,964
Drives: 2000 v70

hi,
all of a sudden my front passenger door wont open from inside.
removed panel tp look. the cable from the handle to the opening mechanism is ok but it wont pulll the lever to open the door. i can open it by pushing on the bottom of the lever with a screwdriver, but the lever seems stuck at top where the cable pulls on it. it opens fine from outside. can anybody
give advice? it is very close quarters in the door. cannot see in there too well.
the linkage is all in place it just seems something is blocking the lever to pull with the cable. thank you in advance
andy charleston sc usa
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
serving29420
post Aug 6 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 30,964
Drives: 2000 v70

hi again i figured it out.
in case any are wondering it was the 10 dollar cable from the handle to the lock assembly. there are two plastic tabs on the handle end. they were broken. thus causing the handle not to pull the cable enough to open the door. 10 bucks and an hour trying to line up the pin on the lock end and its fixed! thanks anyway
andy

QuoteReply
billyroo
post Sep 24 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 31,114
Drives: 1998 Volvo V70 XC

i've come across the same issue. bought a new cable (mine was $18). it's not obvious to me how to remove the interior panel on my '98 V70 XC. any advice?

QuoteReply
rely
post Apr 26 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 45,355
Drives: 98 V70

QUOTE (billyroo @ Sep 24 2007, 07:37 PM)
i've come across the same issue. bought a new cable (mine was $18). it's not obvious to me how to remove the interior panel on my '98 V70 XC. any advice?

billyroo,

I have this same issue with my 98 V70 driver's door. I would love to get into the door, but can't figure out how without breaking something. I would appreciate any advice on this one too.

QuoteReply
vwl
post May 6 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 56,476
Drives: 2007 V70T

QUOTE (rely @ Apr 26 2009, 03:19 PM)
billyroo,

I have this same issue with my 98 V70 driver's door. I would love to get into the door, but can't figure out how without breaking something. I would appreciate any advice on this one too.

Hi there, I have the same problem. I have located the source of the problem after pulling the internal panel out - the plastic tabs on the cable connecting to the door handle has broken off and the plastic housing on the handle end also appears to be broken. It looks like I can just replace the handle and the cable but I can't see how to disconnect the cable at the door end. Can anyone shed any light on this?

QuoteReply
matttaylor817
post May 19 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 52,359
Drives: 1998 volvo s70 t5

ok i have replaced 3 out of 4 lock actuators. it involves taking the panel off and taking that cable out. i did a google search on how to remove the panel and i found a video on youtube that shows you how to remove the panel and remove the actuator (also involves removing the cable from the door). if anyone needs the interior handle and cable i think i have 1 or 2 of them in my garage. email me if you need it, i'll just charge you for shipping costs.

Edit on 8/7/10, i do not have any of these cables left. glad to help.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 1G (1998-2000) S70, V70 & V70XC Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsDoor Card/a Pillar/headliner Deterioration Solution!
how to repair for under $50
0 William47 107 21st September 2014 - 06:21 PM
Last post by: William47
No New Posts From Portugal, New Kid In Town!
1 CBD 314 13th December 2013 - 05:04 PM
Last post by: TheGreekMason
No New Posts Inside Passenger Front Inside Door Handle
Won't open from the inside but does from the outside
0 zoots alures 410 17th October 2013 - 09:02 PM
Last post by: zoots alures
No New Posts Door Chime / Courtesy And Map Lights Fuse Blowing: Please Help!
3 SkidMarc 584 11th September 2013 - 05:22 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Door Not Latching
0 Rig Doctor 509 10th June 2013 - 06:57 PM
Last post by: Rig Doctor

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 08:48 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement