Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Xc90 Would Not Start
bdcair
post Sep 3 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,837
Drives: XC90 V8

Stopped for dinner on a trip and it would not restart. Text message displayed
"Start Prevented, Try Again" Tried several times, no luck. Contacted a dealer who was still open and had me do the following which restarted the XC90: unlock with key fob and lock with key, then hit unlock on fob twice.

Does anyone know why this happened. The service rep said something had gone to sleep. Hard to hear her on the cell phone.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
S60 R
post Sep 4 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #2

Expert Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 4,684
Drives: formerly 2005 S60R

Hope this link works. In the topic are links that should help you,

http://www.volvo-forums.com/index.php?show...indpost&p=40509

QuoteReply
tipunaqvi
post Sep 13 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,993
Drives: 2005 Volvo XC 90 D5 AWD

Wow ! Had the same problem with my car just last night (After 7:30 p.m). Went to ASDA and after shopping tried to start the car and got the message stating ''Start Prevented'' ''Try again''.
Had to call the RAC who did not have a clue either. However, they rang their head office and were told that its the immobiliser. So they had to disconnect the battery for two minutes and then reconnected it. The car started as normal :banana: .
So is this a fault with the electronics of the car ??It has only done 27000 miles and I am the first owner. :o_75:
Attached File(s)
Attached File  104_0409.JPG ( 35.76K ) Number of downloads: 104

QuoteReply
ianu
post Nov 4 2006, 04:11 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 20,799
Drives: 2004 Volvo XC90 D5 SE manual

Happened to me too last weekend whilst away visiting friends. 7 of us had actually been out in the car 30 minutes previously. Decamped for a quick cuppa before the journey home - back in the car 'Start Prevented.. Try Again'
After several variations of getting out re-locking, unlocking, using my Wife's key fob instead - retreated to my friends Broadband service and Googled it. Somewhere in this forum we came across someone who had tried removing and replacing the fuel filler cap, wiggling the gear stick and jabbing the brake pedal - worth a try - BINGO.
I can't find the article now - but am indebted to the person - the alternative would probably have been a 120 mile Relay recovery on a Sunday evening.

Wether it's connected or not I have no idea - but our journey in the car just prior to the 'cuppa' was an uphill climb fully loaded with passengers and 3/4 tank of Diesel. We parked facing uphill....?? (just come back from Austria - no problems there thank the Lord - not many broadband connections in the mountains !!)

A complete mystery ..... :liebe011:

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Xc90 2008 Good Choice?
Looking to buy XC90 2008
0 al_toengi 487 20th July 2014 - 12:30 PM
Last post by: al_toengi
No New Posts Not Start Without Any Messages.
0 Kikyoung 487 20th April 2014 - 02:36 AM
Last post by: Kikyoung
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsXc90 D5 Exec Sunroof Gps Dvd Towbar ++ Sale
An excellent package going cheap - Australia only
0 VIVA 344 18th March 2014 - 05:26 AM
Last post by: VIVA
No New Posts Xc90 For Sale
BRAND NEW RADIATOR, TIMINGBELT AND WATER PUMP
0 thexc90man 505 10th March 2014 - 03:24 PM
Last post by: thexc90man
No New Posts Xc90 For Sale
BRAND NEW RADIATOR, TIMINGBELT AND WATER PUMP
0 thexc90man 439 10th March 2014 - 03:23 PM
Last post by: thexc90man

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:02 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement