Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> C30 Lost All Power!, Anyone else had complete electronic failure?
Happymaryellen
post Dec 9 2012, 03:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,418
Drives: Volve c30

Anyone had this happen? I have a 2011 c30 went to start it up and no power, then the lights were dimmly puksing, but no power means NOTHING can be done! I am freaking out! Of course, shop is closed on sunday, but how will they even tow it when it can not even move inot neutral? And yes, tried to charge battery, nothing at all happened. I read volvo batteries are not good? Just had my 37,500 work up done about three weeks ago....anyone had this?
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Dec 9 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (Happymaryellen @ Dec 9 2012, 03:06 AM)
Anyone had this happen? I have a 2011 c30 went to start it up and no power, then the lights were dimmly puksing, but no power means NOTHING can be done! I am freaking out! Of course, shop is closed on sunday, but how will they even tow it when it can not even move inot neutral? And yes, tried to charge battery, nothing at all happened. I read volvo batteries are not good? Just had my 37,500 work up done about three weeks ago....anyone had this?

can you take off the battery and charge it, as it can be your battery contacts not on tight,or a bad earth, and check the wiring at your starter, they may be loose, but as this is a 2011 car let your dealer deal with it.

QuoteReply
Indiano
post Feb 3 2014, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 126,217
Drives: V60

Another thing you should check is if the battery contacts are clean. They normally put a conductive greasy thing on them, but with time it can get dirty and instead of helping the current to flow it causes problems. Try cleaning it maybe using some of those sprays made to clean contacts to make sure it's fine and use a multimeter to test the battery. That way you can be sure if that is the problem or if it's something worse (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo C30 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Lost Am Radio
6 helva 7,607 3rd August 2014 - 12:09 AM
Last post by: YesNoMebbeSo
No New Posts Lost Timing Belt - Survivability?
1 T-Faust 236 25th July 2014 - 04:33 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts C30 Audio Trouble
1 memoria 1,127 19th June 2014 - 10:08 AM
Last post by: mf70
No New Posts C30/volvo Reliable?
4 ArabianC30 7,839 3rd February 2014 - 10:06 AM
Last post by: Indiano
No New Posts Lost My Key And No One To Program New.
1 nguandong 658 3rd September 2013 - 04:26 PM
Last post by: danielm85948

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 06:59 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement