Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Electric Windows, Fault
Chris Norris
post Dec 26 2011, 08:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,182
Drives: 2011 Volvo V60 D5 Geartronic

I have a 2011 V60 geartronic and it has developed a fault. When driving, the auto locking no longer activates, but I get a click and then all of the windows open by themselves. If i close the windows, it happens again about 5 minutes later. Tried altering the autolock preferences (on/off) but it makes no difference. Local Volvo dealer is now closed for 2 days - anyone any suggestions (other than taking the car to the dealing when they come of holidays!!).
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
S60D
post Dec 4 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,315
Drives: 2002 S60 D

QUOTE (Chris Norris @ Dec 26 2011, 01:01 PM)
I have a 2011 V60 geartronic and it has developed a fault. When driving, the auto locking no longer activates, but I get a click and then all of the windows open by themselves. If i close the windows, it happens again about 5 minutes later. Tried altering the autolock preferences (on/off) but it makes no difference. Local Volvo dealer is now closed for 2 days - anyone any suggestions (other than taking the car to the dealing when they come of holidays!!).

Try performing a reset of the UEM (Upper Electronic Module), this controls the door locks and windows operation:

- Close all of the doors and bonnet.
- Key in position II engine not running.
- Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the driver door panel in the closed or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.
- Release buttons.
- Remove the ignition key.
- Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock.

This will reset the UEM brain. This can correct faulty operation of the sunroof and/or erratic door lock function.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2009+ S60 Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Electrical Issue 2004 S40
central electronic module
1 rachel pancz 210 6th February 2014 - 04:14 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Electrical Issues In My 73 P1800es
1 Eyjafjalladylan 543 7th May 2013 - 11:36 AM
No New Posts Electrical Issue On 1997 Volvo 850
3 Trolddk30097 2,175 7th April 2013 - 09:37 AM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts Electrical Problems ?
Motor problem
2 gorilla1 260 11th March 2013 - 12:54 AM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts Electrical Problems ?
Motor problem
1 gorilla1 153 10th March 2013 - 10:11 PM

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 12:37 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement