Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Quick Intro - V70r From Melbourne
Syrup
post Oct 12 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111,672
Drives: 2004 V70R

Hey All,

Just a quick formal introduction.
I have a V70R and wanted to say G'Day.
Normally, I'm on V70R.com

Based on Melbourne and have VIDA in case we have any other Aussie members with car related issues.
Can help out on the S60 V70 models.

Cheers
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
irishluck_123
post Nov 28 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 113,078
Drives: 2002 Volvo V70 xc

Hi there
1st time using this forum.
Ive 2002 V70 wagon..... and frankly its going haywire at the moment.
I try keep it brief
Had a prompt on my dash to get SRS checked. we bought car 2nd hand and had noted on the passenger that there was a day - 10years from manufacture that the airbags needed checking. We assumed this was the dash prompt.
Anyway left into garage saying wanted airbags checked and casually mentioning the dash had gone haywire - dials flickering and speed not working. This was intermittent but we thought was a prompt for airbag service.
The guy thought I was nuts going on about airbags and gave me a deaf ear. Their diagnostic machine could identify an issue so they sent to an affilated garage with better diagnostic machines . . . .
Results - they turned car off! went into sleep mode and up graded with Volvo software and replaced the dash(cluster)
I nearly had a heartache when they said $900 . . .I inquired if 2nd hand possible, they laughed. mentioned 10year service as on door plate and they said they never heard tell of it!!!!

Anyway came out of garage and no prompts on dash, console working and $900 later. Then the following day they appeared again . . .. dash haywire and SRS prompt.
Guy told us to return, cant at mom as no courtesy car, Car driving but speedo gone - dangerous I know! But it is intermittent. Everything else works , lights, indicators etc. just not display as dash blank.
Tried, fuses myself and cant access battery.... another guy on form mentioned ignition jiggle - tried that too.
Any wisdom to bestow before I CHARGED ANOTHER FORTUNE.... BTW, when I rang garage to say problem again they said the 2nd hand dash maybe an issue!!!! but I thought I had a new one in . .. .. was there anything wrong with my old one.... what was I paying for???
Afraid to mention, my Air con is gone too . . . . could it be linked? no prompt on dash for that.

QuoteReply
57oln
post Jan 1 2013, 07:17 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 113,869
Drives: 2001 Volvo V70T

Hi syrup,

I'd be interested in your thoughts of the types of modifications to a v70t to ensure its reliability and longevity.

Cheers

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Jan 1 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #4

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (irishluck_123 @ Nov 28 2012, 10:42 PM)
Hi there
1st time using this forum.
Ive 2002 V70 wagon..... and frankly its going haywire at the moment.
I try keep it brief
Had a prompt on my dash to get SRS checked. we bought car 2nd hand and had noted on the passenger that there was a day - 10years from manufacture that the airbags needed checking. We assumed this was the dash prompt.
Anyway left into garage saying wanted airbags checked and casually mentioning the dash had gone haywire - dials flickering and speed not working. This was intermittent but we thought was a prompt for airbag service.
The guy thought I was nuts going on about airbags and gave me a deaf ear. Their diagnostic machine could identify an issue so they sent to an affilated garage with better diagnostic machines . . . .
Results - they turned car off! went into sleep mode and up graded with Volvo software and replaced the dash(cluster)
I nearly had a heartache when they said $900 . . .I inquired if 2nd hand possible, they laughed. mentioned 10year service as on door plate and they said they never heard tell of it!!!!

Anyway came out of garage and no prompts on dash, console working and $900 later. Then the following day they appeared again . . .. dash haywire and SRS prompt.
Guy told us to return, cant at mom as no courtesy car, Car driving but speedo gone - dangerous I know! But it is intermittent. Everything else works , lights, indicators etc. just not display as dash blank.
Tried, fuses myself and cant access battery.... another guy on form mentioned ignition jiggle - tried that too.
Any wisdom to bestow before I CHARGED ANOTHER FORTUNE.... BTW, when I rang garage to say problem again they said the 2nd hand dash maybe an issue!!!! but I thought I had a new one in . .. .. was there anything wrong with my old one.... what was I paying for???
Afraid to mention, my Air con is gone too . . . . could it be linked? no prompt on dash for that.
just google the ECU found in your car there is an number of them then google ECU repair, and get more details.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Australia Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts From Portugal, New Kid In Town!
1 CBD 310 13th December 2013 - 05:04 PM
Last post by: TheGreekMason
No New Posts Intro Post/...hey Yall
Volvo for Life
1 Turbo240Brick 274 8th April 2013 - 02:08 PM
Last post by: jks2
No New Posts Introduction - Hello World
0 archking 254 13th March 2013 - 03:57 PM
Last post by: archking
No New Posts Intro... From Ontario
0 Luther144 226 13th November 2012 - 01:20 PM
Last post by: Luther144
No New Posts Introduction
0 hunamongyou 269 6th November 2012 - 12:19 PM
Last post by: hunamongyou

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 03:38 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement