Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Missing Parts And Funky Smoke, Help with this will help me buy parts :)
jcekala
post Feb 17 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,563
Drives: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo

Hello,

We are still working on our 1994 850 Turbo and have some questions regarding what seems to be missing parts and a funky smoke...

1. Please look at the pictures I have uploaded. You will see that it seems we are missing a part that belongs under the radiator reservoir - does anyone know what this part is?

2. Also, there is a hose that is missing from some sort of electrical housing unit to the front of the car - what is this hose called so that I can order the proper part?

3. Okay - check out this (very strange). If you see my other pictures, you will see there is a short tube (roughly 4" long) that is badly crimped, and is obviously a bad replacement. I would like to replace the tube with the proper part, but I don't know the name of the tube, nor do I know what two parts it's connecting. Any and all info on this would be really helpful.

4. The funky smoke - it seemed to come from a/c pulley - we saw it smoke and melt the serpentine belt. If we replace the unit, will it solve the problem, or there an underlying issue?

A big thanks for all your help!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  feb_image_1.jpg ( 90.71K ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  feb_image_2.jpg ( 68.94K ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  feb_image_3.jpg ( 82.11K ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  feb_image_4.jpg ( 73.25K ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  feb_image_5.jpg ( 64.15K ) Number of downloads: 7
Attached File  feb_image_6.jpg ( 70.62K ) Number of downloads: 7

Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Kiss4aFrog
post Mar 9 2013, 10:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 71,614
Drives: 1995 850 Turbo Estate

There is just a black tube that runs from the radiator fan shroud to the big black box that holds the ECM and TCM if you have an auto.

The part under the reservoir is another tube that runs to the firewall and is just under where the two AC lines go through.

The hose that is badly crimped is a bad attempt at by-passing the heater core.

The problem with the belt is that either the AC compressor is locked up or that the replaceable bearing that the clutch sits on has locked up.
Engine off, reach down there and see if you can turn it by hand.

This post has been edited by Kiss4aFrog: Mar 9 2013, 10:47 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  0022_Hose_from_Radiator_to_ECM_box.jpg ( 196.57K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  0022_Hose_off_back_of_ECM_box_at_firewall.jpg ( 248.21K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  0022_Hose_off_back_of_ECM_box_to_firewall.jpg ( 183.97K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  Heat___AC_heater_hose_bulkhead.jpg ( 215.43K ) Number of downloads: 2

QuoteReply
Sulrund
post Mar 10 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 112,944
Drives: BMW

QUOTE (jcekala @ Feb 17 2013, 04:40 PM)
Hello,

We are still working on our 1994 850 Turbo and have some questions regarding what seems to be missing parts and a funky smoke...

1. Please look at the pictures I have uploaded. You will see that it seems we are missing a part that belongs under the radiator reservoir - does anyone know what this part is?

2. Also, there is a hose that is missing from some sort of electrical housing unit to the front of the car - what is this hose called so that I can order the proper part?

3. Okay - check out this (very strange). If you see my other pictures, you will see there is a short tube (roughly 4" long) that is badly crimped, and is obviously a bad replacement. I would like to replace the tube with the proper part, but I don't know the name of the tube, nor do I know
car parts what two parts it's connecting. Any and all info on this would be really helpful.

4. The funky smoke - it seemed to come from a/c pulley - we saw it smoke and melt the serpentine belt. If we replace the unit, will it solve the problem, or there an underlying issue?

A big thanks for all your help!

This seems to be big problem and you must hire good mechanic to solve it

This post has been edited by Sulrund: Mar 11 2013, 02:00 AM

QuoteReply
Kiss4aFrog
post Mar 10 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 71,614
Drives: 1995 850 Turbo Estate

"This seems to be big problem and you must hire good mechanic to solve it"

Anyone can call a tow truck and have it towed to a dealer to be fixed. Coming here is a way to learn about your car and possibly fix it yourself or at least have an idea of the problem to make a decision on if you want to try or have someone else do it. It's also a way to protect yourself from someone trying to inflate the problem and take your $$$.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 850 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsSmoke From The Engine
5 mong man 413 6th April 2014 - 07:26 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsSmoke Out Of The Oil Dip Check
Smoke
4 volvos60turbo 753 6th February 2013 - 05:25 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsMissing Cap From Xc90 Roof Rail
Missing cap from XC90 roof rail
0 Grawburg 471 13th January 2013 - 10:46 AM
Last post by: Grawburg
No New Posts Parts For Cam Belt Replacement
3 Volvo Virgin 467 3rd October 2012 - 07:07 AM
Last post by: Vermont
No New Posts Android Integration For Your Volvo Xc90
1 GROM Audio 1,987 24th May 2012 - 02:30 PM
Last post by: GROM Audio

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th November 2014 - 07:09 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement