Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 07 Xc90 113k Chance To Buy, loose bolt on pulley 2 times
jimbob533
post Nov 27 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,140
Drives: 1998 s70glt

I am looking at a 07 xc90 3.7 all wheel drive with 113k, silver with black leather, clean interior and exterior, one owner upgraded stereo, dvd seat backs, 3rd row, heated seats, compass in mirror new sticker price 49,800. I am fearful of high miles. Checked with local volvo dealer who serviced vehicle and vehicle had a few bulbs replaced but it had a pulley bolt come loose which did not allow the alternator to charge. They stated a bolt had come loose and was retightened and loc tight applied. Also replaced intake manifold gasket. That was in Jan of 2012 miles 94k. Owner had same symptom in Oct of 2012 and dealer says another loose pulley bolt but not the one that was loose at 94k. Mileage was 112k with the current loose bolt and loc tight applied as well. Previous owner then traded vehicle on a new vehicle and it is now for sale on used car dealer lot ,not volvo lot. The vehicle only has one keyfob with it so I will have to buy another from dealer. Tires will need replaced in near future. I think the tires have been rotated because the outer edges of both rear wheels appear worn more that the rest of the tire. Tires on front are even wear across tire. The tires are 235/65 17. No accidents, no paint work, no door dings and rims not curbed. Inside of vehicle is clean and the black leather drivers seat shows little wear. Owned by female professional and car was garaged. Has power sunroof and power driver and passenger seats. Back up warning system. Car drives ok, appears to have tire noise when on highway but minor. Concerned about why bolt would come loose on pulley not once but reoccur 18k later with other bolt. Why did dealer replace intake manifold gasket? Service department presented repairs as nothing major and minor bulb replacements. Any feedback would be appreciated. I can buy vehicle for 10,300 but what prohibitive costs or major repairs is my fear for the future. Is a 07 xc90 with the 6 cylinder a durable vehicle that will last to 200k+ with preventative maintenance or is that wishful thinking. Thank you in advance for any comments. jimbob
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
norcaljason
post Nov 27 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 113,138
Drives: 2006 Volvo XC 90 2.5T AWD

The 3.2 is a fine motor. Lasts a long time if properly maintained. A 3.2 XC90 won't have the transmission issues T6's had, or the balance shaft failures the 05/06 V8's had.

As with any used car, regularly scheduled maintenance is key.

When was the transmission serviced? The angle gear? Have the wheel bearings been replaced?

Does it make any strange noises when turning left then right?

How does it recover from bumps (shocks/struts).

Are you mechanically inclined? Say it needs brakes... who will perform the work?

Are you prepared to sink some money into it?

QuoteReply
jimbob533
post Nov 27 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 113,140
Drives: 1998 s70glt

I do not know what the angle gear is and I do not know if the transmission has been serviced. I will check with the volvo dealer who has performed repairs tomorrow. I am mechanically inclined and have a 98 s70glt with 140,000 and have replaced brakes, rotors and parking brake pads on vehicle. I am prepared to sink some money into vehicle but I am fearful of all wheel drive issues. The shocks and struts seem fine and it takes bumps well. I will test drive again tomorrow and see if any noise with slow right and left hand turns. The wheel bearings have not been replaced nor any suspension parts. Thank you for replying to my post. You did not address the bolts coming loose so I will just go with it not being a concern. jimbob

This post has been edited by jimbob533: Nov 27 2012, 07:54 PM

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Buy Light Weight Laptop Backpacks
laptop backpacks
0 Pearlstein10 73 11th September 2014 - 12:37 AM
Last post by: Pearlstein10
No New Posts Xc90 2008 Good Choice?
Looking to buy XC90 2008
0 al_toengi 511 20th July 2014 - 12:30 PM
Last post by: al_toengi
No New Posts Torque Converter Lockup
5 williala 894 1st April 2014 - 11:51 PM
Last post by: williala
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsXc90 D5 Exec Sunroof Gps Dvd Towbar ++ Sale
An excellent package going cheap - Australia only
0 VIVA 357 18th March 2014 - 05:26 AM
Last post by: VIVA
No New Posts Xc90 For Sale
BRAND NEW RADIATOR, TIMINGBELT AND WATER PUMP
0 thexc90man 511 10th March 2014 - 03:24 PM
Last post by: thexc90man

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 03:08 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement