Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> New Front Bumper Needed For S60r 2003 Model
fairycakes
post Jan 2 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,893
Drives: Volvo V70

Hi there,

Ok... so after 13 years of driving my own car and never damaging it....last week I take my friend's pride and joy S60R (2003) to the shops and somehow damage the front bumper on a curb in a parking bay. It seems to have cracked and snapped (very bottom of car beneath number plate)... anyway to my horror we've been told that it can't be fixed...the whole bumper needs to be replaced. The big issue for me (apart from feeling awful) is the cost. Volvo want £620 for a new one! Does anyone know of anyone that has one for sale in the UK or somewhere that sells such parts cheaper or 2nd hand?? I'm assuming it'll be cheaper to get one 2nd hand and get it painted than buy a brand new one from the dealer?? has anyone else been in this position?? I've been warned that it'll be very difficult to find one 2nd hand.

Thank you from a very guilt stricken friend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
mys6t
post Jan 26 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 81,973
Drives: 03 S60 AWD 2.5T GT

QUOTE (fairycakes @ Jan 2 2013, 01:22 PM)
Hi there,

Ok... so after 13 years of driving my own car and never damaging it....last week I take my friend's pride and joy S60R (2003) to the shops and somehow damage the front bumper on a curb in a parking bay. It seems to have cracked and snapped (very bottom of car beneath number plate)... anyway to my horror we've been told that it can't be fixed...the whole bumper needs to be replaced. The big issue for me (apart from feeling awful) is the cost. Volvo want £620 for a new one! Does anyone know of anyone that has one for sale in the UK or somewhere that sells such parts cheaper or 2nd hand?? I'm assuming it'll be cheaper to get one 2nd hand and get it painted than buy a brand new one from the dealer?? has anyone else been in this position?? I've been warned that it'll be very difficult to find one 2nd hand.

Thank you from a very guilt stricken friend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

For the R they sell lots of after market pieces for the front bumper of that car.This is a US company but the Volvo body mods in most cases come from closer to you..
http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/mm5/merchant..._Code=VL-S60-ex
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2009 and Below S60 Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Front End Squeak
1 Chuck Ketcham 378 15th April 2014 - 02:53 PM
Last post by: guiseppe
No New Posts Front Engine Mount
0 geraldc70 34 5th April 2014 - 11:50 AM
Last post by: geraldc70
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsFor Sale: 2001 Volvo C70 Ht Coupe 5 Speed Mt
0 BRINK 44 31st March 2014 - 03:04 PM
Last post by: BRINK
No New Posts Newbie In The Uk
2 compact90 438 2nd March 2014 - 01:37 PM
Last post by: compact90
No New Posts New To Volvo's
0 Stubanger 136 10th February 2014 - 09:12 PM
Last post by: Stubanger

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:40 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement