Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Removing Excess Engine Parts
drucea
post Jan 21 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 114,158
Drives: 1994 Volvo 940 Wagon (NA)

So I'm trying to do a full tune up and clean up the engine a little bit. Maybe make an intake for my 1994 940 (NA), but there's a lot of hoses connected between all parts of the intake and exhaust it seems. I'm trying to figure out what parts under the hood can be removed. My cruise control is broken in half, spring hanging out, so I'd like to remove that excess bit but it runs to a vacuum line that looks like it ties into another part, so I don't want to cause any problems with anything else.
Things like that, the exaust recirc to intake hose maybe, or anything else on the intake that might have been for emissions but doesn't really need to be hooked up to run properly.
Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Jan 21 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #2

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (drucea @ Jan 21 2013, 10:47 AM)
So I'm trying to do a full tune up and clean up the engine a little bit. Maybe make an intake for my 1994 940 (NA), but there's a lot of hoses connected between all parts of the intake and exhaust it seems. I'm trying to figure out what parts under the hood can be removed. My cruise control is broken in half, spring hanging out, so I'd like to remove that excess bit but it runs to a vacuum line that looks like it ties into another part, so I don't want to cause any problems with anything else.
Things like that, the exaust recirc to intake hose maybe, or anything else on the intake that might have been for emissions but doesn't really need to be hooked up to run properly.
Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

you are better not taking parts away, as your hoses are there for your omissions and you will end up with vacuum leaks if you do so.try clean all of your crankcase breather system and your air filter box,and do a flush in your radiator to clean the radiator and your cold start censor.and refill with a good 50/50 anti freeze mix.and clean your idle control valve with carb cleaner and do the same to your butterfly at the throttle.

This post has been edited by danielm85948: Jan 21 2013, 10:01 AM

QuoteReply
drucea
post Jan 21 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #3

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. Is there anywhere I can get some kind of diagram or photo that labels what all of the parts on the engine are? I know a lot of the like IACV, cruise, throttle body, etc, but on this engine I'm a little confused with a few things like the parts on the EGR and stuff.

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Jan 21 2013, 09:52 PM
Post #4

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (drucea @ Jan 21 2013, 08:30 PM)
Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. Is there anywhere I can get some kind of diagram or photo that labels what all of the parts on the engine are? I know a lot of the like IACV, cruise, throttle body, etc, but on this engine I'm a little confused with a few things like the parts on the EGR and stuff.

try on you tube.

QuoteReply
drucea
post Jan 21 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #5

I've watched a few videos of people touring their non turbo 940s and the part I'm mainly trying to figure out is 2 ~1" pipes coming out from under my exhaust manifold and coming up to some valves (or diaphrams) with a hose going towards the intake manifold. Looks like maybe EGR parts but I'm not seeing these on most other B230F photos.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 940 & 960 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsEngine System Service Required .. But No Codes!
5 V70 Driver 3,062 7th July 2014 - 08:48 PM
Last post by: Teamac
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsEngine Computer Test
car runs better with vacuum tube disconnected
17 ThagSimmons 221 16th June 2014 - 01:57 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Engine Immobilised !
Volvo Guard Alarm playing up.
4 slicknick 457 11th January 2014 - 09:41 AM
Last post by: TheGreekMason
No New Posts Engine Electronic Lamp
2 Soft 434 31st October 2013 - 02:44 AM
No New Posts Engine Knocking
1 Begibbs1 681 9th September 2013 - 05:08 PM

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:35 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement