Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Auto Window Switches Not Working
buck23
post Feb 24 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 86,472
Drives: 2010 XC60 T6 AWD

Hi,

The auto down function on all 4 of the power windows has stopped working, however there was a two week period when they started working again. I live in northern Canada and they stopped working around -30 deg celsius and started working again when it warmed up to 0. I though it maybe a cold related issued however they have mysteriously stopped working again and its above 0. So that rules out my suspicions that its temp. related.

The other suspicion I have is that I had battery related issues earlier in the winter and have since replaced the battery. The dealership has said that this problem is most likely a draw coming from the radio when the car is shut off but they have an computer update for this and will do it next time I'm in (600 km away). Maybe this is related to the window switch issue?

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem is or a solution

Thanks

buck23
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Feb 24 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (buck23 @ Feb 24 2013, 01:32 PM)
Hi,

The auto down function on all 4 of the power windows has stopped working, however there was a two week period when they started working again. I live in northern Canada and they stopped working around -30 deg celsius and started working again when it warmed up to 0. I though it maybe a cold related issued however they have mysteriously stopped working again and its above 0. So that rules out my suspicions that its temp. related.

The other suspicion I have is that I had battery related issues earlier in the winter and have since replaced the battery. The dealership has said that this problem is most likely a draw coming from the radio when the car is shut off but they have an computer update for this and will do it next time I'm in (600 km away). Maybe this is related to the window switch issue?

Thanks

buck23

it can be a dirty switch clean with switch cleaner, or it is your relay , you need tests done to find out.as it can be a dirty connection for your cable for the drivers door on the edge of the door frame .

QuoteReply
Tchgrif
post Feb 24 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 95,413
Drives: 2012xc60r-design

Every time your battery goes dead the auto windows need to be reprogrammed. It's easy to do. With the ignition on raise the window button up for one second, then release, then pull up on it against for one more second. This information is in your owners manual its on page 101.

QuoteReply
switch-doctor
post Aug 9 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 117,705
Drives: 2004 Volvo V70

QUOTE (buck23 @ Feb 24 2013, 02:32 PM)
Hi,

Thanks

buck23

Sound like the master window switch, This switch has a new, improved design that eliminates the gummy button coating and moving parts and tongs that failed in your stock switch! http://www.switchdoctor.net/volvo-window-switch.html

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC60 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Automatic Transmission
Worth fixing?
3 rscaife 170 22nd October 2014 - 05:30 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Not Start Without Any Messages.
0 Kikyoung 504 20th April 2014 - 02:36 AM
Last post by: Kikyoung
No New Posts Automatic Transmission Swap
1 Colin Duncan 401 4th February 2014 - 08:18 PM
Last post by: TheGreekMason
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsNot All Oil Filters Are Created Equal
Cut Open Filter for a 850
8 SeaMike 928 20th January 2014 - 11:31 PM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts Note On Brake Hoses, Power Steering Hoses
0 PersonFromPorlock 402 27th June 2013 - 06:27 PM
Last post by: PersonFromPorlock

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 01:06 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement