Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Sunroof And Door Lock Headaches, driver's door lock
Minns80
post Feb 14 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,735
Drives: 2000 volvo s80 2.9

I am getting pretty frustrated working on my beloved s80. My sunroof is not working at all and key in the driver's lock will not unlock all the doors, and it will only work mechanically from the outside. The door will unlock with both the remote and from the inside electronically. My door always had the issue of locking all the doors and then unlocking the front door all over again, but the key would always unlock all doors from the outside before; now its like it doesn't recognize the key at all. Both of these conditions (no sunroof) and (no outside electronic door lock) happened after i had left the battery disconnected for several days until I got an alternator.

The UEM appears to work just fine, all lights up there are working fine, remotes will work, but nothing happens with the sunroof. I tried to change the driver's door lock actuator with another used one but still nothing. My thought was if I could get a working door lock actuator then I could reset the system.

Any help would be great!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
yuri_yermilov
post Feb 18 2012, 10:38 AM
Post #2

Senior
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 41,455
Drives: 1999 Volvo S80 T6 130,000 miles

Try this.
1;Disconnect the negative lead on the battery.
2:Hold the negative and positive leads together for few minutes. This will reset the computers.
3:Put the key into the ignition in position 2 "ON". (Volvo instruction when connecting the battery.)
4:Connect the negative lead back to the battery.
5:Insert the key into the driver door lock and Lock/Unlock the car on the remote for 5 times. This resets the locks.
6:Start the car and open the the sunroof wide open by holding the switch, now close the sunroof completely by holding the switch, tilt the sunroof open and close it.

Done, see if it helps.

QuoteReply
1998C70coupe
post Dec 10 2012, 02:16 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 112,867
Drives: 1998 C70 Coupe

Hi guys
Just a question on the procedure of resetting the computer, sunroof and doors would it work on '98 C70 ?

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 1G (1998-2006) S80 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsDoor Card/a Pillar/headliner Deterioration Solution!
how to repair for under $50
0 William47 91 21st September 2014 - 06:21 PM
Last post by: William47
No New Posts Sunroof Raising Up
4 SeaMike 916 17th February 2014 - 10:44 AM
Last post by: gobies
No New Posts Door Chime / Courtesy And Map Lights Fuse Blowing: Please Help!
3 SkidMarc 575 11th September 2013 - 05:22 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Door Not Latching
0 Rig Doctor 499 10th June 2013 - 06:57 PM
Last post by: Rig Doctor
No New Posts Door Lock, Window Thermostat Intermittent Malfunction
1 Alassila 583 6th May 2013 - 12:50 PM
Last post by: grendel1960

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 11:25 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement