Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Volvo-forums.com
str8tlk
post Feb 1 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,004
Drives: 1996 volvo 850R

I have a valid question. Why does this forum suck so damn bad? Im in the 240 section, no one reply's to each others posts, Spam posts to the max. I mean WTF is going on with this pos forum huh?
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
SeaMike
post Feb 1 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Senior Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 33,827
Drives: 1995 Volvo 850 GLE (Canada Car), Automatic

QUOTE (str8tlk @ Feb 1 2012, 11:26 AM)
I have a valid question. Why does this forum suck so damn bad? Im in the 240 section, no one reply's to each others posts, Spam posts to the max. I mean WTF is going on with this pos forum huh?

Hey, "str8tlk",

This is a free forum, and people have lives outside of this forum. I agree that it can be very frustrating waiting on someone to reply to your post.

We appreciate your post and replies to people who are looking for answers, but please refrain from the negative comments about the forum.

Thank you

QuoteReply
Doogwhan
post Sep 27 2012, 03:04 AM
Post #3

Expert

Member No.: 44,246
Drives: 2004 S60R, 1992 Volvo 245, 2003 VW Jetta TDI (The Bride's)

I was gone for a while...

Since then:

• My dad died
  • My sister died too
  • The wife left
  • College
  • ????
  • and no profit

So slightly busy.

But now that the 240 has decided to act out again, you can all breathe easier, for I am back until the mods decide to ban me.

Any one remember or ever hear from Greek?

QuoteReply
jks2
post Sep 30 2012, 09:03 AM
Post #4

Senior Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,518
Drives: 2007 Mercedes C230 Sport, 2007 Chevrolet Equinox (Daughter), 2003 Saab 9-3 (Son), 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe (Tow Vehicle), 2000 Ranger R83 Bass Boat

If you dislike the forum so much then leave. Based on your rant no one will miss you anyway. Mods get rid of spam when we see it. People answer questions when they have an answer. Would you want me to post an answer that was wrong just so you have something to read? Me thinks you would rather have good answers.

I work 5 days a week.
I do Public Address announcing for my local high school (boys & girls soccer, football & girls basketball).
I help coach the track team.
I serve as a staff person for our local Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Adjustment, Historic Preservation Commission.
I try to spend at least a little time with my wife.

Therefore excuse me if I don't get to the SPAM posts as fast as you would like. If you're really that unhappy then let me know and I can suspend your posting priviliges indefinitely.

QuoteReply
Jay Anne Santos
post Nov 11 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 112,656
Drives: 2004

QUOTE (jks2 @ Sep 30 2012, 09:03 AM)
If you dislike the forum so much then leave. Based on your rant no one will miss you anyway. Mods get rid of spam when we see it. People answer questions when they have an answer. Would you want me to post an answer that was wrong just so you have something to read? Me thinks you would rather have good answers.

I work 5 days a week.
I do Public Address announcing for my local high school (boys & girls soccer, football & girls basketball).
I help coach the track team.
I serve as a staff person for our local Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Adjustment, Historic Preservation Commission.
I try to spend at least a little time with my wife.

Therefore excuse me if I don't get to the SPAM posts as fast as you would like. If you're really that unhappy then let me know and I can suspend your posting priviliges indefinitely.

You nailed it. There's only so much people can do. And the fact that this forum is still alive despite it being a free forum is already a miracle.

QuoteReply
SykO
post Jul 17 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #6

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,150
Drives: 1989 740 SE AUTO, 1993 940GLE Turbo 2.0i

There is obviously still the search option... This searches all posts etc. theres also research. We all have to do it at some point!

I have also been away, travelled, toured, gigged, been arrested, had my fiance stolen from me... Lost the 740, had the 940 rear end compressed (to which i almost died) and now have a 240... You'll see me hanging around again

As always we all have lives etc...

All a bit sharp buttheres a point you know...

QuoteReply
grendel1960
post Jul 17 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #7

Veteran

Member No.: 16,314
Drives: 92 volvo 440, 91 volvo 940

QUOTE (SykO @ Jul 17 2013, 08:45 PM)
had the 940 rear end compressed (to which i almost died)

I suspect that if you had been driving any other vehicle the outcome may well have been worse though.
Grendel

QuoteReply
SykO
post Jul 17 2013, 05:05 PM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 19,150
Drives: 1989 740 SE AUTO, 1993 940GLE Turbo 2.0i

Yeah, the lorry that slammed into the back of me was pretty beaten up. Was well pissed as just bought a new turbo too, which was in a box in the boot... Major bummer! I'm alive though... Nd just needed a rant so resurrected this lolz

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Off-Topic Lounge Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Where Has Volvo-forums.com Gone?
Site no longer found by search engine.
8 -Volgrrr- 1,025 23rd November 2008 - 01:50 PM
Last post by: S60 R
No New Posts Hello. I've Just Joined Volvo-forums.com
New member saying hello
2 paullus 77 30th June 2008 - 09:26 AM
No New Posts Greetings Volvo-forums.com
It's good to be here
3 1976245 34 4th October 2007 - 09:39 PM
No New Posts Hello Volvo-forums.com
I am a new forum user!
9 Owned 104 28th June 2006 - 02:46 PM
Last post by: Owned

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 06:05 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement