Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Potentially Catastrophic Problem?, Steering and gas lock up while driving || 1993 240
asparagus
post Nov 29 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,208
Drives: 1992 Volvo 240

Just found this forum and I am sure glad that I did...

This just happened as I was coming back from a neighbors house when all of a sudden all the warning lights turn on. THis is not unheard of as the warning lights in this car are not to be trusted. A couple hundred feet down the road the steering and the gas pedal start giving me a lot of resistance. (I was going slow at this point.) I cannot give it more gas so I to my drive way which was just a couple dozen feet beyond where this happened. I stop just outside my driveway and restart the car. It acts fine for the next couple dozen feet in my driveway.
Everything since has seemed normal except for when I was looking under the hood I noticed a headlight was out. This didn't bother me, as I said the warning lights cannot be trusted so I commonly drive around with a dead light until I notice it but this time the headlight came back on when I slammed the hood closed.

Other consideration:
- Belts and pulleys seem to be doing their jobs
- power steering fluid is at an adequate level

Certainly will be giving my shop (IVS) a call but thought I'd see what everyone here thought. (shot harness?)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 240, 242, 244 & 245 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsProblems With Dashboard Air Ducts
One has a fin loose and the other has foam and a yellow-white thing
0 qwertie64982 139 28th August 2014 - 05:07 PM
Last post by: qwertie64982
No New Posts Problem With Having Low Battery Power?
2 ImortalZomby 868 29th July 2013 - 04:32 AM
Last post by: SykO
No New Posts Problem With Interior Light In "new" Volvo
2 JensDK 453 2nd June 2013 - 02:53 AM
Last post by: JensDK
No New Posts Problems With Grom Usb2-plus
Startup problems
0 Emil889 1,152 3rd February 2013 - 11:53 AM
Last post by: Emil889
No New Posts Problems To Look For In 1988 740 Turbo Wagon
1 cholyoke 2,062 10th January 2013 - 06:15 AM
Last post by: Jopower

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 08:36 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement