Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> New Volvo Owner, Introduction
drucea
post Jan 16 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 114,158
Drives: 1994 Volvo 940 Wagon (NA)

My name is Adam and I just purchased a 1994 Volvo 940 wagon, non turbo, auto transmission. It has 250k miles and runs better than I expected, except for the random no starts which I'm assuming is the fuel pump relay. I bought the car because my Great Dane doesn't fit in my other car, but now that I've been reading about these cars I want to make it a little more fun to drive (turbo and suspension maybe).
I've moderated a Lancer forum and am a member of a Chevy forum so I'm hoping to learn a lot about my new car here and eventually help contribute.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Doogwhan
post Jan 20 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #2

Expert

Member No.: 44,246
Drives: 2004 S60R, 1992 Volvo 245, 2003 VW Jetta TDI (The Bride's)

First off- WELCOME!!!

If you already are comfortable with DIY and forums, the the world is your burrito.

We're a smaller forum, but we love what we do!

QuoteReply
drucea
post Jan 21 2013, 09:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 114,158
Drives: 1994 Volvo 940 Wagon (NA)

Thanks, and yeah I love working on my own cars and forums are my number one source for info on anything I'm doing. I'm hoping this forum will be able to help me with the initial problems I'm having with my 940.

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Jan 21 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #4

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (drucea @ Jan 16 2013, 08:32 PM)
My name is Adam and I just purchased a 1994 Volvo 940 wagon, non turbo, auto transmission. It has 250k miles and runs better than I expected, except for the random no starts which I'm assuming is the fuel pump relay. I bought the car because my Great Dane doesn't fit in my other car, but now that I've been reading about these cars I want to make it a little more fun to drive (turbo and suspension maybe).
I've moderated a Lancer forum and am a member of a Chevy forum so I'm hoping to learn a lot about my new car here and eventually help contribute.

yes fuel pump relay should be changed, and clean your idle control valve and spray into your throttle at the butterfly with carb cleaner, and clean your breather system with a degreaser all that is very common on the volvo 940.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest New Member Area/Introduction Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Volvo 960 Auto Not Starting...?
1 bemshawn 16 Today, 05:09 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts New Volvo Xc60
1 LoPo 73 18th November 2014 - 10:33 PM
Last post by: tekbis
No New Posts New Member Here
0 bemshawn 44 17th November 2014 - 09:54 PM
Last post by: bemshawn
No New Posts New Member
0 LoPo 109 11th November 2014 - 02:46 PM
Last post by: LoPo
No New Posts Volvo Xc90 Bluetooth Android Usb Car Kit
It is official - Volvo XC90 all get GROMified!
9 GROM Audio 2,836 10th November 2014 - 05:00 PM
Last post by: GROM Audio

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 07:27 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement