Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Xc90s With Over 200k Miles?
ses_volvo
post Dec 8 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,407
Drives: 2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ

My wife and I are looking for a new (to us) SUV and happened to take a 2005 XC90 2.5T for a test drive and we were blown away with how nice it is. We were even more surprised given the mileage is just shy of 200K miles. We've driven vehicles with just over 100K miles that have run much worse than the Volvo.

My question is how many out there have heard of, or might be driving, XC90s with the 2.5T around the 200K mile mark? More importantly, what things should I be concerned about at this mileage?

Normally I would steer clear of anything with that many miles but when it runs like it's brand new it's enough to make me pay attention.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
tpsells
post Dec 8 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 53,565
Drives: 2005 volvo XC 90 T5 AWD

My 05 T5 has 123K on it and seems to be just as nice as a brand new loaner that I had last week when I had the timing belt replaced (routinely). I stay on top of the maintenance requirements. I use full synthetic oil and change it and the filter every 6 thousand. I would like to move on up to something newer, but really can't justify doing so. I expect to get at least 200K before I even start considering getting rid of this sweetheart of a car. The T5 has the guts of an 8 cylinder and the handling is like a new car. I would have no reservations on buying the car. I suggest that you go for it. tony P (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

QuoteReply
rolling360
post Dec 10 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 70,417
Drives: 2005 Volvo XC90 2.5

I have an 05 XC90 2.5T. Just turned 160000. I have owned it since 28000 miles and use Mobile 1 5w30. I change it every 3-4K. No major issues. A few small things..... Tie rods, ball joints, control arm bushings.

I have flushed the trans, all required maintenance etc. I use only Volvo parts (just what I do).

Still running the original timming belt ( will be changing that next week).

Only major issue ( not to major) is that the auto climate control is tempermental... The fan speed will not adjust or if it does it will do it by itself. I can live with that for now seeing that a new unit is $700. A used control unit CANNOT be used or re-programmed.

I still get 19 to 22 miles per gallon.

They only other issue I have is that when the vehicle is cold ( i live near Chicago) is if I jump in and start driving without letting it warm up the trans seems to slow shift or slide from 1-2, 2-3. If the car is warm and ready it doesnt slow shift.

Hope this helps. I am very pleased with the XC90 2.5T

QuoteReply
Colleyvilletiger
post Dec 25 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 55,994
Drives: 2000 S70GLT, 2002 C70

My 2004 5 cylinder is at 234,000, and drives like new. I'm going for 300K, just put on a timing belt and water pump (at same time). I DID have the turbo hose go bad and leak crap to the inside, thus causing a high pressure crankcase and small oil leak, in process of fixing that. Big mistake not to spot that hose before the problems ($$$) ensued. But the car is rock solid, and I have given up hope of wearing it out.

QuoteReply
ses_volvo
post Dec 26 2012, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 113,407
Drives: 2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ

Thanks for the replies, we decided to go for it and the car runs like a dream so far.
Need to replace the timing belt and do a few other random things. We just rolled over 200k on Christmas Day.

A special note to Colleyvilletiger I sent a PM regarding your turbo issue as I might have a similar problem.

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Over Voltage
0 geraldc70 109 12th July 2014 - 04:03 PM
Last post by: geraldc70
No New Posts Overhead Interior Lights
1 bemak187 733 26th November 2013 - 07:09 AM
Last post by: poopbunny
No New Posts Overheating
top radiator hose hot, bottom cold
1 Ricardobs84 716 28th July 2013 - 09:47 PM
Last post by: difflock54
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsOverheating
850 volvo
3 lorrie 430 9th March 2013 - 04:55 PM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts Overall Major Issues
Electronics and AC/Heater Problems
0 ezzie.g 350 5th February 2013 - 11:20 AM
Last post by: ezzie.g

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 01:13 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement