Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Faulty Central Locking, Only the rear doors open.
lancashire
post Dec 11 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,178
Drives: 2003 Volvo S60 D5

Hello there. I have just bought a '53 S60 and it appears I have bought a dud car. On the way home from buying it the dashboard died on me and the electrics in the driver side door started working intermittently (right hand side - Uk car). I checked this forum for any advice and sent the dashboard cluster off for repair. Then the central locking started acting up.

Initially both the rear and passenger door would unlock with the fob and I would have to unlock the drivers door with the key. When looking at the drivers side door it would appear that the lock pin would be trying to move up however it couldn't manage it and I would have to use the key and manually unlock it. Now when I try to unlock the car, only the rear doors actually unlock - neather front door now unlock (though the locking pin on the passengers side door still moves up). If I use the key in the lock the lock won't turn. I have to climb over to the front seats from the back to get in the car.

Once in the car if I try to open the door from the inside (both drivers and passenger door) nothing happens. So to get out of the car I have to climb over to the back seats to get out (not good with my bad back). As it is -1c hopefully the locks are only frozen. Is this a common problem with this car?

I have heard of the UEM reset however as the drivers door electrics have now stopped working I am unable to do this, until I get it fixed.

Appreciate any help on this.

Regards.

This post has been edited by lancashire: Dec 11 2012, 04:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
grendel1960
post Dec 11 2012, 04:31 AM
Post #2

Veteran

Member No.: 16,314
Drives: 92 volvo 440, 91 volvo 940

my v40 just started not locking on the drivers door, the cure after I had removed the door card was just a little oil and working the locking pin up and down a few times (you cant grip the knob with the door card in place).

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Dec 11 2012, 07:31 AM
Post #3

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (lancashire @ Dec 11 2012, 04:27 AM)
Hello there. I have just bought a '53 S60 and it appears I have bought a dud car. On the way home from buying it the dashboard died on me and the electrics in the driver side door started working intermittently (right hand side - Uk car). I checked this forum for any advice and sent the dashboard cluster off for repair. Then the central locking started acting up.

Initially both the rear and passenger door would unlock with the fob and I would have to unlock the drivers door with the key. When looking at the drivers side door it would appear that the lock pin would be trying to move up however it couldn't manage it and I would have to use the key and manually unlock it. Now when I try to unlock the car, only the rear doors actually unlock - neather front door now unlock (though the locking pin on the passengers side door still moves up). If I use the key in the lock the lock won't turn. I have to climb over to the front seats from the back to get in the car.

Once in the car if I try to open the door from the inside (both drivers and passenger door) nothing happens. So to get out of the car I have to climb over to the back seats to get out (not good with my bad back). As it is -1c hopefully the locks are only frozen. Is this a common problem with this car?

I have heard of the UEM reset however as the drivers door electrics have now stopped working I am unable to do this, until I get it fixed.

Appreciate any help on this.

Regards.

sounds like a central locking relay is failing, but it can be a break in your wire as it goes into the door on the drivers side.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2009 and Below S60 Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Central Locking Fault.
4 Geordievolvo 648 17th December 2013 - 07:24 AM
Last post by: Geordievolvo
No New Posts Locking Wheel Bolt Won't Budge
5 Volvster 944 20th October 2012 - 11:27 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Central Lock With Door Button
1 renton 696 26th August 2011 - 02:54 AM
Last post by: renton
No New Posts Central Lock Problems
Doors strange behaviour
1 tartuffe 1,110 16th August 2011 - 01:23 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Central Locking
0 richardk 573 25th May 2011 - 12:51 AM
Last post by: richardk

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 02:51 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement