Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Just Joined, Anyone In The Uk Still On Here?, Looking for advice on S80 maintenance/modification in the midlands
Johnnyboy72
post Nov 7 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 112,556
Drives: 2001 Volvo S80 2.4l 20v

Hi,

I'm John, just bought my first Volvo yesterday, a 51 plate S80 2.4l 20v petrol manual and love it to bits already! Just on here to see if I can find anyone local to Birmingham (UK) who can point me in the right direction for reccomendations on where to go for quality and trustworthy maintenance and possible modifications to the car?

My last car was a Saab 95 2.3 turbo petrol and was definitely nippier than the S80. I'm looking to improve take off and acceleration in lower ranges and want to weigh up the options. I'm not a boy racer but I do like to able to move when necessary. I love the stately look and feel of the car which I don't want to alter at all, so I'm not going to put on any fat chrome exhausts, huge spoilers or go faster stripes!

Also, as its a 51 plate I'd like to upgrade the electrics inside to include stuff like Bluetooth/MP3 connectivity and reverse parking sensors but without butchering the immaculate interior, or the bumper.

I'd be really grateful for any advice on the above, and am thankful you've read this far. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
grendel1960
post Nov 7 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #2

Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,314
Drives: 92 volvo 440, 91 volvo 940

in the uk - but down south.
Not a lot of help really.
Grendel
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest UK Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts The Volvo C70? Yae Or Nae?
0 bemshawn 73 21st November 2014 - 01:57 AM
Last post by: bemshawn
No New Posts The Importance Of Winter Wiper Blades And Glass Treatment
0 CarID 66 3rd November 2014 - 11:03 AM
Last post by: CarID
No New Posts Anyone Need Any Parts?
2 Blue91SL 115 1st November 2014 - 02:06 PM
Last post by: AgentMulderFBI
No New Posts Only $150/day With Lift And Tool! Diy Garage Happy Hour Deal In September.
0 chrisww 137 31st August 2014 - 07:03 PM
Last post by: chrisww
No New Posts Intermittent Starting Problem!
My 2001 C70 2L LPT has developed an intermittent starting problem.
6 bay72 1,222 15th August 2014 - 10:11 AM
Last post by: MJH

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 02:14 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement