Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Wing Mirror Heating Problem
falmouthboy
post Nov 7 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 112,538
Drives: 2008 Volvo V5, 2012 Mini Coupe JCW

Hi,

I'm new to the Forum, having just bought a 2008 V50 1.8S as a 'work horse’. The car is in fair condition for the price paid, but there are a few gremlins to sort – this may be the first of a number of posts! I noticed yesterday, with the first frost of the year that the passenger side wing mirror isn’t hearing up. All other functions on the door seem to work, including the mirror adjustment and I see from the handbook the mirror heater isn’t on a separate fuse. Any ideas? Also, how do you get in to the mirror assembly to check if it’s a lose/dirty connection.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Newt
post Nov 10 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,994
Drives: V50drive

QUOTE (falmouthboy @ Nov 7 2012, 04:27 AM)
Hi,

I'm new to the Forum, having just bought a 2008 V50 1.8S as a 'work horse’. The car is in fair condition for the price paid, but there are a few gremlins to sort – this may be the first of a number of posts! I noticed yesterday, with the first frost of the year that the passenger side wing mirror isn’t hearing up. All other functions on the door seem to work, including the mirror adjustment and I see from the handbook the mirror heater isn’t on a separate fuse. Any ideas? Also, how do you get in to the mirror assembly to check if it’s a lose/dirty connection.

Mine only heat up when the heated rear window is selected on.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo V50 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Mirror Light
What does it do?
2 _John_ 313 23rd October 2013 - 08:25 AM
Last post by: _John_
No New Posts Problem With Having Low Battery Power?
2 ImortalZomby 527 29th July 2013 - 04:32 AM
Last post by: SykO
No New Posts Problem With Interior Light In "new" Volvo
2 JensDK 324 2nd June 2013 - 02:53 AM
Last post by: JensDK
No New Posts Problems With Grom Usb2-plus
Startup problems
0 Emil889 894 3rd February 2013 - 11:53 AM
Last post by: Emil889
No New Posts Problems To Look For In 1988 740 Turbo Wagon
1 cholyoke 1,465 10th January 2013 - 06:15 AM
Last post by: Jopower

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:11 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement