Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 2005 S40 Window Won't Go Down Automatically, issue with driver's side window after ice storm
trt285
post Feb 24 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,834
Drives: 1993 Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon

Hi,

I have a 2005 s40.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving the car in the morning after an ice storm. I scraped the windows before I drove it, but apparently there was still a little ice on the base of the driver's side window.

I tried putting the window down as I was driving, but it didn't work. I tried 2 or 3 times before I realized the ice must have it "frozen" in place. A few hours later after the ice melted, I put the window down, but it wouldn't go down automatically. I had to hold the button down the whole time, and this has been the issue since. I have to hold the button down or up to make this window work; it has lost it's automatic "one touch" capability so it seems. All of the other windows work fine.

It also sounds a little noisier than usual when I put it up and down.

I am wondering what the problem is here, and how I have to fix it. Could it be a fuse or relay that burned out, or do I need a whole new window motor?

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you,

Todd
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Feb 24 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (trt285 @ Feb 24 2013, 09:58 AM)
Hi,

I have a 2005 s40.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving the car in the morning after an ice storm. I scraped the windows before I drove it, but apparently there was still a little ice on the base of the driver's side window.

I tried putting the window down as I was driving, but it didn't work. I tried 2 or 3 times before I realized the ice must have it "frozen" in place. A few hours later after the ice melted, I put the window down, but it wouldn't go down automatically. I had to hold the button down the whole time, and this has been the issue since. I have to hold the button down or up to make this window work; it has lost it's automatic "one touch" capability so it seems. All of the other windows work fine.

It also sounds a little noisier than usual when I put it up and down.

I am wondering what the problem is here, and how I have to fix it. Could it be a fuse or relay that burned out, or do I need a whole new window motor?

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you,

Todd

take off the door trim inside your door it can be broken tooth on the winder you will see it with the trim off or it may need some oil.

QuoteReply
trt285
post Feb 26 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 43,834
Drives: 1993 Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon

QUOTE (danielm85948 @ Feb 24 2013, 04:45 PM)
take off the door trim inside your door it can be broken tooth on the winder you will see it with the trim off or it may need some oil.

Thanks, I will give that a try.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2004.5+) S40 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 2005 S80 2.5t - Oil Recommendation?
1 gvsu4msu 279 19th October 2014 - 08:00 AM
Last post by: poopbunny
No New Posts S40 Alarm And Mobiles ?!
1 BlackRain 264 18th August 2014 - 10:39 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts 2005 Xc90 Condenser Replacement
Need to replace the condenser and need advice about how to do it
0 Nowyousee 238 26th July 2014 - 07:52 PM
Last post by: Nowyousee
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsS40 Electric Problem
0 frost 593 29th May 2014 - 01:09 AM
Last post by: frost
No New Posts Good Times Are Volvo Ipd Garage Sale, Portland Or
0 GROM Audio 224 28th May 2014 - 04:55 PM
Last post by: GROM Audio

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 03:41 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement