Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Sat Nav Change Between Regions
blackxc90
post Feb 14 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,891
Drives: 2010 xc90

Hello

I recently brought a 2010 XC90 from the UK to New Zealand.
This model has the Volvo HDD VNS (Melco) SatNav system.
Have purchased the latest genuine Volvo DVD Map update for 'Pacific Region' (Australia 17.0 and New Zealand 6.0 maps). Part 31337070 AA 1109
Have loaded DVD and followed normal map updating instructions but unfortunately it would seem this is not compatible with the system software. I get an error message asking for Disc 1 and saying this map disc is invalid. It appears to be reading the disc ok as it ran through the 'program update' in progress part and the original UK disc still reads.
The map discs for Pacific are produced by Sensis rather than Navteq. However this is just the maps themselves.
Presumably to run these there needs to be a HDD / systems type of upgrade or settings change done first? Surfing the net sugests this is perhaps what the 'Disc 1' is all about. I dont see these 'systems' discs sold anywhere though in the way the map discs are available
Dealer here is unsure what to do - does anyone have any idea of the potential process to change so we can run Pacific Region maps?

Many thanks
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
nzvolvofan
post Oct 4 2012, 03:30 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 111,518
Drives: XC90

I have the same issue with my xc90 navigation system. Is there any known hack or hidden system menu? Or do you need an original volvo disc to be used when installing new maps?

Any help by anyone appreciated.

QuoteReply
scott1232000
post Feb 15 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 114,602
Drives: Volvo XC90

[quote name='blackxc90' date='Feb 14 2012, 02:26 PM' post='144572']
Hello

I recently brought a 2010 XC90 from the UK to New Zealand.
This model has the Volvo HDD VNS (Melco) SatNav system.
Have purchased the latest genuine Volvo DVD Map update for 'Pacific Region' (Australia 17.0 and New Zealand 6.0 maps). Part 31337070 AA 1109
Have loaded DVD and followed normal map updating instructions but unfortunately it would seem this is not compatible with the system software. I get an error message asking for Disc 1 and saying this map disc is invalid. It appears to be reading the disc ok as it ran through the 'program update' in progress part and the original UK disc still reads.
The map discs for Pacific are produced by Sensis rather than Navteq. However this is just the maps themselves.
Presumably to run these there needs to be a HDD / systems type of upgrade or settings change done first? Surfing the net sugests this is perhaps what the 'Disc 1' is all about. I dont see these 'systems' discs sold anywhere though in the way the map discs are available
Dealer here is unsure what to do - does anyone have any idea of the potential process to change so we can run Pacific Region maps?

Many thanks

I was just wondering if you have found an answer to your problem?

QuoteReply
VIVA
post Mar 9 2013, 07:01 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 52,828
Drives: XC90

QUOTE (nzvolvofan @ Oct 4 2012, 07:30 PM)
I have the same issue with my xc90 navigation system. Is there any known hack or hidden system menu? Or do you need an original volvo disc to be used when installing new maps?

Any help by anyone appreciated.

Well I don't think I have an issue here, but can anyone share the Navigation DVD with me? I could share some of the $$ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Navdy Hud For Gps, Calls, Music And More - 40% Off
0 VIVA 115 2nd September 2014 - 11:12 AM
Last post by: VIVA
No New Posts Saturday Was One Of The Happiest Days Of My Life
Volvo quality issues
0 theoubobcat 216 27th January 2014 - 04:22 PM
Last post by: theoubobcat
No New Posts Sat Nav Physical Measurements
Grill Cavity
0 poopbunny 383 16th November 2013 - 04:00 AM
Last post by: poopbunny
No New Posts Pinned: Changed The Engine Cradle On The 850
might need help with control arms
22 effdbmx1 5,145 8th July 2013 - 10:29 PM
Last post by: hmilycar
No New Posts Changed Oil And Drained Out Plastic From Oil Pan
Where could plastic sheeting come from in engine oil
0 2004volvoxc70 416 22nd November 2012 - 07:32 PM
Last post by: 2004volvoxc70

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 08:30 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement