Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Does Cem Replacement Reset Everything?
mrsamandabee
post Jan 24 2013, 08:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 114,008
Drives: 2013 XC90

Hello all, newbie here. I have scoured the forums for an answer to my question and in doing so I see I am not alone in my problems.

Background: 2013 XC90 with 2500miles experienced the electrical system shutdown while driving. Took car to German dealership (American living in Germany and bought American spec vehicle from American dealer that "only sells, does not repair") and they had vehicle two weeks and replaced CEM. This failure was after two previous attempts of keyless entry not working (not battery, both would not work) and the alarm would go off after entering car manually.

Issue/question:
I got in my vehicle and reset the seat manually to how I wanted the seat to be positioned. Then I press power on the radio and it instantly connected via bluetooth to my phone and started playing music. I thought that was a little weird, but was more concerned at paying attention as to how the vehicle was driving. After giving it more thought the next day I tried a few more things. I pressed the memory 1 button and the seat adjusted to how I had it set before the shop visit and I tested the radio stations and they were all of my favorites I had preprogrammed before.

I guess my question is.....does replacing the CEM not reset everything in the vehicle? I am just really concerned the work was not done or they just did some "software updates" not really replacing anything.

Thanks!!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
2save
post Jan 24 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 76,457
Drives: Volvo S80 3L (1999)

what it was, - what has make You "more concerned"..?
somthing in engine performance? or its "character" ?
i have something simmilar with an old S80 long before... even it cannot be started... / i will tell more if someone interested.

QUOTE (mrsamandabee @ Jan 24 2013, 08:53 AM)
Issue/question:
, but was more concerned at paying attention as to how the vehicle was driving. After giving it more thought the next day I tried a few more things.

QuoteReply
grendel1960
post Jan 24 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Veteran

Member No.: 16,314
Drives: 92 volvo 440, 91 volvo 940

surely the seat has its own electronics module as would other systems, the CEM just manages all these other systems.
Grendel

QuoteReply
mrsamandabee
post Jan 24 2013, 11:38 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 114,008
Drives: 2013 XC90

QUOTE (grendel1960 @ Jan 24 2013, 04:46 PM)
surely the seat has its own electronics module as would other systems, the CEM just manages all these other systems.
Grendel

That's what I was wondering about too...if each system has it's own little sub-brain that keeps the information even upon replacement of the big brain.

I guess I'm just being overly paranoid about the whole thing. We are traveling in two weeks so I am scared to death the same thing will happen during the trip. Thanks Grendel :-)

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Replacement Tires ?
Looking for new tires
2 supero 236 12th August 2014 - 07:05 PM
Last post by: supero
No New Posts Reset Emission Lights Fault After Ambient Temp Sensor Change
0 malcesine 299 24th January 2014 - 01:15 PM
Last post by: malcesine
No New Posts Does Anyone Know If There Is A Do-it-yourself Garage In La?
1 chrisww 230 12th June 2013 - 07:54 PM
Last post by: chrisww
No New Posts Replacement Of Part Under Rear Door
Little fender at the gas station - need new part!
0 Alex79 470 27th December 2012 - 12:04 AM
Last post by: Alex79
No New Posts Reset The Book Time For Maintaince Msg S60 2011 2.0t
1 Amit Marlov 1,887 4th December 2012 - 09:25 AM
Last post by: S60D

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 04:24 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement