Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Install Fog Lamp Xc60 R-design
Sector7G
post Nov 29 2011, 03:45 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,135
Drives: 2011 Volvo XC60 R-Design Sensus

QUOTE (Volvo_Noob @ Aug 9 2011, 02:30 PM)
Is the space limitation just on the R-Design or on all XC60s? I found online a pdf from Volvo's Accessories website on the XC60 2012 Fog lights Installation Instructions.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Accessori...ear=XC60%202012

Anyone looked into this?

Will it work with a 2011 sensus model ?

and if so, can you order different parts for a r-design so it has the accented bezel?
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
andrew sport
post Dec 3 2011, 08:28 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 74,048
Drives: 2010 XC60 R- Design

QUOTE (Sector7G @ Nov 29 2011, 04:45 AM)
Anyone looked into this?

Will it work with a 2011 sensus model ?

and if so, can you order different parts for a r-design so it has the accented bezel?
~ the volvo part number is an mis-print... the fogs will not fit an '11 or '12 model. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

QuoteReply
Trex1200r
post Jan 2 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 95,301
Drives: 2012 Volvo XC60 T6

QUOTE (Trex1200r @ Oct 17 2011, 10:20 AM)
I bought a set of these and the eccentric adjustment rings. I am optimistic that they are going to work well. My 2012 isn't due to arrive until January, so it will be awhile before I can get them installed. I am just going to sandwich them on to the existing cover plates so they will hide the cutout. They won't be recessed into the bumper, but they will only stick out about 3/4". Toss a couple of LED bulbs in them and I think they will look pretty good. Not as slick as the stock lights though, but I also think they will be an improvement over just the plain black plastic covers that are there now.

Optilux projector lights

I finally got them installed. I wouldn't call them fog lights, although with the right bulb they could be. the bulb that comes with them would make decent fogs, but you would need two sets of the eccentric adjustment rings. I just bought the one set, but you need another ring on each light behind the cover to let the big nut sit flush. I just decided to install these as additional DRL lights without the adjustment washer, so they don't really point at the road, more at the gutters. I only have a small 3 light white led bulb in each. They come on when I unlock the car which is nice. Make nice approach lights, and they stay on for a couple of minutes after the car is turned off. Basically they match the interior light behavior, except they stay on as long as the car is turned on.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2012xc60fogclose.jpg ( 42.85K ) Number of downloads: 48
Attached File  2012xc60fogon.jpg ( 46.14K ) Number of downloads: 37
Attached File  2012xc60fogoff.jpg ( 37.53K ) Number of downloads: 41

QuoteReply
Sector7G
post Jan 17 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 99,135
Drives: 2011 Volvo XC60 R-Design Sensus

QUOTE (Trex1200r @ Jan 2 2012, 08:47 PM)
I finally got them installed. I wouldn't call them fog lights, although with the right bulb they could be. the bulb that comes with them would make decent fogs, but you would need two sets of the eccentric adjustment rings. I just bought the one set, but you need another ring on each light behind the cover to let the big nut sit flush. I just decided to install these as additional DRL lights without the adjustment washer, so they don't really point at the road, more at the gutters. I only have a small 3 light white led bulb in each. They come on when I unlock the car which is nice. Make nice approach lights, and they stay on for a couple of minutes after the car is turned off. Basically they match the interior light behavior, except they stay on as long as the car is turned on.

They look nice!

Is there wiring in the 2011/12 models still, even though there is no room for the "volvo" foglights?

QuoteReply
Trex1200r
post Jan 18 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Sector7G @ Jan 17 2012, 12:22 PM)
Is there wiring in the 2011/12 models still, even though there is no room for the "volvo" foglights?

I didn't see any wiring. This is mostly why they work the way they do. I didn't want to bother going through the firewall and trying to figure out a factory looking switch. So I just ran two wires from each light. Power is from the battery, the trigger wire is from one of the two open sockets in the fuse box, and have it all going through a relay switch. I just got lucky in the fact that the open fuse slot is live when the car is awake, and turns off when the car goes to sleep. I am really liking the functionality of them. I do have some different LED bulbs on order. Bought some that are pure white instead of the blue white. The new ones have 6 led's, so should be a little brighter as well. I'll post some better pictures in a few weeks after I have the new bulbs installed.

QuoteReply
Trex1200r
post Jan 22 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #26

[attachment=9845:100_0376.jpg]Received the new LED's. 5000-6000K. You can't really see much of a difference in the picture, but they are brighter and a truer white. They match the OEM DRL LED's now.

I also tried a 15 light LED bulb, but wasn't that happy with it. The bulb took up most of the space in the light housing, so not much refraction was happening. All you could really see where three distinct LED's on the top of the bulb, and a bright halo around them. I didn't like that you could see each of the three front facing LED's so clearly.
So went with the 6 LED bulb shown here.

This post has been edited by Trex1200r: Jan 24 2012, 02:50 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  volvofog2.jpg ( 79.42K ) Number of downloads: 32
Attached File  volvofogs.jpg ( 62.04K ) Number of downloads: 41

QuoteReply
xc60atlanta
post Dec 15 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 113,537
Drives: 2010 XC60 T6 AWD

QUOTE (alourenco @ May 23 2010, 03:57 PM)
It is possible to install headlights (front fog lamp ) on XC60 R-Design ?

Just curious to know why you want fog lamps? Do you live in an area where you encounter fog all the time or more often than not? Or are you just looking for this as a fashion accessory? I HATE it when people drive with fog lamps on on clear nights. They are annoying as hell and I personally think the US should do as in Europe and make them illegal except when in appropriate weather conditions.

<a href=http://www.skepter.com.ua >доска бесплатных объявлений</a>

QuoteReply
andrew sport
post Jan 26 2013, 06:22 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 74,048
Drives: 2010 XC60 R- Design

QUOTE (xc60atlanta)
Just curious to know why you want fog lamps? Do you live in an area where you encounter fog all the time or more often than not? Or are you just looking for this as a fashion accessory? I HATE it when people drive with fog lamps on on clear nights. They are annoying as hell and I personally think the US should do as in Europe and make them illegal except when in appropriate weather conditions.

~ the fog lamps allow the area or dead zone between the front bumper and head light beam to illuminate...thus allowing for a better image of the roadway. if fog lamps are installed correctly per the factory (i used all factory/oem components), they should not have a negative impact on other drivers when they are on.

(IMG:http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/handwax1/Picture257.jpg)

This post has been edited by andrew sport: Jan 26 2013, 06:27 PM

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC60 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Installling Aftermarket Radio
3 Alex G 553 11th January 2014 - 01:07 PM
Last post by: TheGreekMason
No New Posts Xc60 - 2010 - Water Leaks
Water leaks in 2010 XC60
6 Wet feet 801 22nd December 2013 - 12:49 PM
Last post by: Thanosgr
No New Posts Xc60 44k T6 With Roof Leak
New purchase questions
3 c_hill 1,500 10th November 2013 - 07:33 PM
Last post by: Wet feet
No New Posts Fog Lights / Other Help!
3 DJStubbs92 276 31st July 2013 - 12:05 PM
Last post by: DJStubbs92
No New Posts Xc60 2009-2014
Safety and other changes
0 Downunder100 1,136 17th July 2013 - 05:34 PM
Last post by: Downunder100

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:40 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement