Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Side Mirror Adjustment Not Working, Electric side mirror issue
beauie
post Oct 2 2011, 05:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,214
Drives: 2003 XC90

The electric side mirror adjustment, L&R, (drivers side door armrest near window adjustment buttons) on my 2003 XC90 is not working. All other electrics are ok. Cannot seem to see a fuse for this circuit in the fuse box under the bonnet. Suggestions? Is there another fuse box perhaps?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Best,
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
ChrisG56
post Oct 13 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 96,777
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 AWD 3.2

Wish I had an answer but I dont - I do however have the same problem on my 2007 XC90... everything was just fine but all of a sudden both mirrors have stopped folding or moving... no lights on the little buttons when i press them...and the mirrors are sorta floppy... free to move in or out by hand they flop in slightly as I drive due to wind... all help/advice greatly appreciated

OK so immediately after I wrote the above I found the user manual (which I do not have) online - see link below
http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/2007/2...90_09.htm#pg201
On the second fuse panel... to the left hand side of the dash (you need to pop the little hemispherical panel off) I removed fuses 5 and 6 for the power mirrors then fuse 12 for the upper ecm in that order. I turned on the ignition (dont know if this makes a difference) then turned it off again. I then replaced the fuses in the reverse order... whoopee... full functionality returned to the mirrors... moving and folding... good luck !!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grin.gif)

QuoteReply
bjoroy
post Dec 7 2012, 02:08 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 85,064
Drives: 2003 XC90 D5 AWD

This trick actually works! Same problem on my 2003. Removed 5, 6 and 12, ignition on, replace 12, 6, 5 and the mirrors starts working again :-) if you on the other hand place the 12-fuse in the 13-slot (which is a spare slot) you'll have a short moment of panic before you realize your mistake (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Not Start Without Any Messages.
0 Kikyoung 621 20th April 2014 - 02:36 AM
Last post by: Kikyoung
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsNot All Oil Filters Are Created Equal
Cut Open Filter for a 850
8 SeaMike 1,041 20th January 2014 - 11:31 PM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts Mirror Light
What does it do?
2 _John_ 594 23rd October 2013 - 08:25 AM
Last post by: _John_
No New Posts Note On Brake Hoses, Power Steering Hoses
0 PersonFromPorlock 441 27th June 2013 - 06:27 PM
Last post by: PersonFromPorlock
No New Posts Not Starting
3 David1Ten 1,633 6th April 2013 - 06:39 PM
Last post by: Fernando

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 07:13 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement