Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Disabling Automatic Side Mirrors, How to adjust or disable automatic side mirrors when switching parking
dd240dl
post Dec 18 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113,584
Drives: 2012 XC60

I would like to keep my side mirrors in their normal position when I'm parking my 2012 XC60. Currently, the mirrors tilt in the downward position showing the road and the curb. The problem is the view is way too low for my liking. I would like help figuring out how to adjust the amount of tilt so it stays that way in memory so every time I'm in reverse I don't have to adjust them manually. Not sure if this can be done but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
tekbis
post Dec 23 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 69,225
Drives: 2010 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD

QUOTE (dd240dl @ Dec 18 2012, 11:38 AM)
I would like to keep my side mirrors in their normal position when I'm parking my 2012 XC60. Currently, the mirrors tilt in the downward position showing the road and the curb. The problem is the view is way too low for my liking. I would like help figuring out how to adjust the amount of tilt so it stays that way in memory so every time I'm in reverse I don't have to adjust them manually. Not sure if this can be done but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

I have an XC60 2010 T6 model and I don't seem to have that problem. When I shift to reverse, the only time the mirror will tilt down is when I press and hold down the left or right side mirror switch from the driver's side panel (window contols). I do not think though that there is a way to adjust the angle of the tilt as it is programmed automatically by Volvo and I believe they programmed it that way so you can easily see the curb and avoid your wheels from hitting curb as a result.

QuoteReply
Tchgrif
post Dec 23 2012, 08:17 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 95,413
Drives: 2012xc60r-design

You can set the mirrors individually to tilt on reverse in the settings when your car is parked and running. Unfortunately you cannot set the degree of tilt, it's either up or tilted.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC60 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Automatic Transmission
Worth fixing?
3 rscaife 268 22nd October 2014 - 05:30 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Automatic Transmission Swap
1 Colin Duncan 462 4th February 2014 - 08:18 PM
Last post by: TheGreekMason
No New Posts Automatic Transmission And Kick-starting Engine
1 Yakpotuba 491 10th June 2013 - 01:55 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Side Mirror Adjustment Not Working
Electric side mirror issue
2 beauie 3,481 7th December 2012 - 02:08 AM
Last post by: bjoroy
No New Posts Automatic Transmission Fluid Change Problem
5 joedusel 3,072 18th October 2012 - 12:34 PM
Last post by: joedusel

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 08:44 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement